The $150,000, GII Gallant Bloom Stakes is the other GII this weekend!
Leading a very good group of 7 older Fillies and Mares into this 6 1/2 f shootout at Belmont Park this Saturday is Tar Heel Mom!
Tar Heel Mom (seen here) has come 1st or 2nd in her last 6 outings, all in stakes or graded stakes races and is a very deserving 2/1 favorite here on Saturday!
A win here for Tar Heel Mom could be a steppingstone to Louisville and a probable start in the Breeders’ Cup Fillies and Mare Sprint on Nov. 4th at Churchill Down!
Each horse’s name is linked to a profile of that horse, just “Click” on the name,
Past Performances are at the bottom of each profile!
PP. Horse, Jockey, M/L Odds, Weight, Trainer,
1. Tar Heel Mom, at 2/1 A O Solis, 120, S M Hough
2. Moontune Missy at 6/1, R Maragh, 115, E G Harty
3. Buckleupbuttercup at 8/1, C H Velasquez, 115, E Kenneally
4. Tamarind Hall at 7/2, D Cohen, 118, J C Englehart
5. Lovely Lil at 12/1, R A Dominguez, 114, M E Hushion
6. Pomeroys Pistol at 5/2, J Castellano, 115, A Tarrant
7. Katy Now at 12/1, C S Nakatani, 115, T A Pletcher
Post time is 5:18pm!
Picks would be 1,6,4,3 in bx’d ex’s and tri’s with a 7 chaser in a super play!
So we are picking up steam towards Louisville, Churchill Downs and the 2011 Breeders’ Cup weekend and this contest just might have a berth for some of these fine ladies in the Fillies and Mares Sprint on Nov. 4th!